Faith's Daisy troop visited McCloud nature park to earn their wildlife badge on Sunday. Only 4 of the 11 girls in the troop made it, but it was still a good time. The girls talked about the state flower, tree, bird. . .
The girls were asked to draw a plant or animal that represents them. Faith chose a deer as her symbol because she says she likes to be in the woods.
Side note for Papaw: As we walked into the nature center, I commented to Faith how McCloud park would be a nice place to hike this summer. Faith agreed and added, "We should bring Papaw up here and he can teach me to shoot deer." I told her, that's hunting, not hiking, and she's not allowed to kill anything until she's 18 years old. She replied, "Eighteen?!?! Oh man! I want to go hunting with Papaw!" 13 more years, and she won't need my permission.
Side note for Papaw: As we walked into the nature center, I commented to Faith how McCloud park would be a nice place to hike this summer. Faith agreed and added, "We should bring Papaw up here and he can teach me to shoot deer." I told her, that's hunting, not hiking, and she's not allowed to kill anything until she's 18 years old. She replied, "Eighteen?!?! Oh man! I want to go hunting with Papaw!" 13 more years, and she won't need my permission.
DJ wasn't there with us, but after Faith and I made it home I told DJ if we ever build a house I want a wall like this. It backs up to a wooded area and the park has set out all kinds of feeders for the wildlife. You can just sit on benches and watch the birds, squirrels and raccoon's feed all day if you'd like. Talk about peaceful. I loved it. Faith did too.
One more patch; one more thing these girls have seen and done. Add it to the tunic.
**************
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
I'm cookie mom for the troop this year. This means that the parents have been to our house to pick up this, or drop off that. Anyway, after the nature park thingamabob was finished, one of the girls dad's came up to me and told me he did the landscaping on our house ten years ago.
Me: Oh, I bet it was beautiful ten years ago! It was a little overgrown by the time we bought the house so my husband pulled it out and started over.
Daisy Dad: I noticed.
Me: Had you seen it recently?
Daisy Dad: Yes. It was my job to maintain it every year.
It's not like we were the only one's who thought it was overgrown. Neighbors out on their evening walks were applauding DJ and thowing cheers and encouragment his way as he ripped that stuff out. It was too much!
I can prove it: here's a link to the video I posted the day we moved into this house. Watch the first 32 seconds.
http://djflorencefamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-montage-6710-at-onetruemediacom.html
**************
Open Mouth, Insert Foot
I'm cookie mom for the troop this year. This means that the parents have been to our house to pick up this, or drop off that. Anyway, after the nature park thingamabob was finished, one of the girls dad's came up to me and told me he did the landscaping on our house ten years ago.
Me: Oh, I bet it was beautiful ten years ago! It was a little overgrown by the time we bought the house so my husband pulled it out and started over.
Daisy Dad: I noticed.
Me: Had you seen it recently?
Daisy Dad: Yes. It was my job to maintain it every year.
It's not like we were the only one's who thought it was overgrown. Neighbors out on their evening walks were applauding DJ and thowing cheers and encouragment his way as he ripped that stuff out. It was too much!
I can prove it: here's a link to the video I posted the day we moved into this house. Watch the first 32 seconds.
http://djflorencefamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-montage-6710-at-onetruemediacom.html
No comments:
Post a Comment