Friday, January 13, 2012

Apologies

I was on the couch on/off reading a paperback book while Faith sat/stood/leaned on the couch back with her feet on my belly.  Between paragraphs we were talking about her two new loose teeth and she started being silly.  That child of mine pushed her bare feet right along my c-section scar grabbing the skin of my lower belly as she pushed.  OUCH! 

I cried out, "OW Faith!!!  Ouch!  It hurts!  Stop, you are tearing my skin. . . "

She laughed and twisted harder, pushing her feet deep into my belly and pulling them apart with all her might. 

I screamed loud enough that DJ came running from downstairs and the twins from upstairs to see what was going on.  I jumped to a stand and told DJ that Faith was ripping my flesh with her little bare feet. 

I turned to Faith and asked, "Why would you do that?  I told you it hurt and you just did it harder." 

Faith ran upstairs.  She looked upset, but I didn't chase after her.  Instead, I checked my belly, made sure my skin was ok (bright red and painful but otherwise ok) and returned to my book (Stephen King's "The Stand.")

I must have been lost in it's pages.  A few minutes later I caught a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye.  I looked up and Faith was sitting on the opposite couch.  She pointed in the direction of my head.

I turned to look and found a little Sleeping Beauty coin purse had been placed next to my right ear.  A piece of paper was sticking out.  I pulled out the little note and it read:

I,m sory