Poor little Faith has been madly and hopelessly in love with Isaac in her class all year long. Isaac has always been friendly enough, he is a very sweet boy, and absolutely adorable to high heaven, but never really interested in Faith. Don't get me wrong, Isaac has always liked Faith, but never liked her liked her.
All year long, Faith has wondered why Isaac doesn't like her, and all year long I've told her she has to knock off the "I love Isaac" stuff. She writes "I (heart) Isaac" on all her papers, she's sent him little love letters, she's even refused to play games in class unless she's allowed to be on Isaac's team. Faith loves Isaac.
I've explained to her that she really needs to treat Isaac like he's any other boy in class. A nice boy who she likes as a good friend, but no big deal. Just a boy, the same as Andrew, Tyler, Peyton or Ian. She didn't believe me. All year long she's told me no, she couldn't do that. She just loves Isaac too much to pretend she doesn't.
These past few weeks she has quit with the Isaac stuff. She even told *me* she doesn't like him anymore. I was in school today for the 100th day of school and I talked with Mrs. Harvey about it. Faith's just not that into Isaac anymore. What a relief for Mrs. Harvey!
I totally should not be spilling her secret, but come on! She's five. When she's a teenager I'll keep my trap shut. A few minutes ago Faith told me that Isaac loves her. She said he writes "I Love Faith" on all his papers now. He really likes her. True enough, when I was at the school during lunch, little Isaac was glued to her side.
Faith smiled slyly at me and said, "You have to be sneaky with boys. You can't let them know you like them."
I asked Faith, "So do you still like Isaac?"
Faith answered, "Oh yeah. But he doesn't know that."
No comments:
Post a Comment