Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Little Miss Flat Head

Faith has my hair, poor kid.  It's flat and straight and does not take a curl.  I've been told by many mom's that nothing beats the foam rollers, but I can't keep her from ripping them out in the night.  We needed  another option.

On Sunday I dropped my flat iron on the floor and shattered the ceramic plate, which meant I needed to rush out and pick up a new flat iron.  While I was at the store, I saw they had a mini flat iron that I thought I'd pick up for curling Faith's hair.  I've read online that some people think the flat iron works better than the curling iron.  It worked!  Sunday afternoon I curled her hair and it held until she took her nightly shower. 

Monday, I curled it, but it didn't take as well as I'd hoped.  I think that was my technique more than anything.  It's a learning curve.  Still, it was far better than her stick-straight, limp hair that she refuses to let me pull back.  Here she is just before school, and it was just as bouncy after school.  It held all day, that little bit of curl that I managed to get in.

YAY!  Today we figured it out!  I wish I had taken a close up, but I was in a hurry this morning and just rushed her out on the porch for her daily pre-kindergargen photo (yes, we're still doing that every morning!) 

Anyone have any product tips on what to use to hold the curl?  Today was a heat shield and just plain old hairspray.

No comments: