YAY!!! We've been looking forward to this for a month! Saturday I took the kids downtown to see Disney on Ice with Faith's Daisy troop. Yup, that's right! Me and three small children in a crowd of thousands. . .
It didn't start out well. Traffic was ridiculous and parking was worse. Long story short, we found a spot immediately across the street from Conseco Fieldhouse (except it's not called that anymore, it's Bankers something or another.) Anyway, I tried to pay our $10 parking charge but there was nobody to pay. Worse, the guy parked next to me pointed out that we were both parked illegally, but there was so much snow you wouldn't know that unless you knew that. Anyway, the guy and I both risked it and we went inside for the show, but I did call DJ and tell him I may be towed.
We found our seats:
We ordered seats late and we were pretty high up, but still I was impressed with how well we could see.
Check this out: By 100% coincidence, we were seated one section above Matt, Miki and the girls (who were there with Girl Scouts also, so maybe that had something to do with it.) We did not get the chance to visit with one another, but I did send them a text pleading with them to please, please, please not leave the downtown area until I knew if my car was towed or not. They were kind enough to agree to that.
It was an awesome show! Spectacular. I was amazed at how well it was done, and then I told myself I shouldn't have been surprised as it is a Disney show after all. If there is one thing Disney knows how to do, it's put on a show.
Cawood and Eva did very well during the first half, but they were bored and past nap time during the second. The second half was a trying time for me. Faith did well through the whole show, of course. We got through it, and rushed outside.
Guess what? There were cop cars everywhere, lights on, patrolling the traffic (in preparation for the Superbowl, it's even more congested than normal downtown right now.) Even with all those cops around, my car was still just where I left it, and there was no ticket on the window.
Probably because I spent the entire show praying to our Lord, Jesus Christ, every Saint I could think of and my late Grandparent's to keep it safe. I'm not sure who helped us out up there, but THANKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment