I don't think I mentioned to you that I'm "Cookie Mom" for Faith's Daisy Troop. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm excited about it and we're going to have a thousand or more boxes of cookies in my dining room in about two or three weeks. . . .
The girls weren't allowed to start selling until Saturday, but Faith was VERY excited! She even told me she wants to give up gymnastics for this session so that she can use her weekends for Girl Scout activities. OK, kid. You've got it!
Bright and early Saturday morning Faith and I called a handful of her relatives to see if they would like cookies. At 10 am we started walking the neighborhood. That sweet girl walked the neighborhood for *SIX HOURS* selling girl scout cookies!! She sold 105 boxes as of Saturday at 4pm. That's a lot of cookies, when they are being sold one or two boxes at a time.
Anyway, the two of us had a few "disagreements" during that six hours, and I'm sure our neighbors think I'm the most demanding Daisy mom ever. If a neighbor had looked out their window on Saturday afternoon, they would have likely seen me and Faith on the sidewalk. I was giving her a good talking to and gesturing sternly. . . Faith was nearly in tears, shaking her head, "No! NO! NO!!!" And then we'd move on and sell to the next house. . .
The truth of what was happening was I kept telling Faith, "You've been selling for two hours. . . three hours. . . four hours. . . six hours. . . it's time to go home." And Faith would start crying and say, "No Mommy! Please! I want to sell more cookies!" Finally, after six hours, Faith could hardly walk so I scooped her up and carried her home.
105 boxes to half the neighborhood. Of course, the work is only half-done because now we have to deliver 105 boxes. Faith also knows we have more neighbors to visit, so she may make me do that this coming weekend.
Anyway, Sunday she went to CCD and Mass. That poor child refused to go to Children's Mass downstairs (which she usually LOVES!) Instead she sat with me and nearly fell asleep in the pews. We were home just after 11:30 and she slept until 4:30. Mackenzie and Madeline (and Matt, Miki and my parents) had stopped by for a short visit, so the cousins played for an hour or two, and then Faith went back to sleep on the couch. I was blaming the cookies sales for her exhaustion, but by bedtime she had popped a fever. I called the school, excused her from class on Monday and kept her home.
She did ask me to take her to the doctor because her eye had a sharp, stabbing pain. We did that yesterday afternoon. It's just a bug and she'll be fine.
She better be. . . her very first field trip is tomorrow: the kids are going to see the play "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." She's super excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment