Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sick Day

5am:  Cawood was in bed next to me and he started coughing.  The thing with Cawood is he has two coughs.  The first cough is the everyday, run-of-the-mill, "something's in my throat," or I have a tickle in my chest cough.

This morning Cawood gave me cough #2:  Cawood's cough #2 means, "Prepare! The pukes are coming."  He coughed once and I was immediately pulled from deep sleep.  I had that boy over the toilet in five seconds flat and he started the pukes. 

I took his temperature:  102.5.   I gave him some Motrin. 

Welcome to pre-school!  Day four and we have a bug.

7:30am:  Eva was awake and in my bathroom asking that I help her with her dress.  After I pulled it over her head, she told me she didn't want to go to school today. 

"Well, Cawood is sick today so you don't have to go to school." 

It was like she won the pre-school lottery.  Her little face lit up into a huge smile and she cheered, "YAY!" 

She was actually cheering because her twin is sick.  Sad times we're living in.  Sad times. 

Faith?  She was also given the choice, and she chose to attend daycare.  Why stay home when she could go play with her friends?  I dropped her off on my way to work.  DJ's home with the twins. 

No comments: