I have a lot to blog about for this past weekend, but my day is booked solid with appointments so I'll throw up the quickest post first and work on the longer one between appointments.
You all know that I started my new job last week. It was a tough week for all of us, but especially for the twins and me. I had applied for a part-time/relief position and was offered a full time job. Trouble is, I do not want to work a full time job in addition to the part-time position that IVA is giving me. I wanted two part-time jobs to equal one full time, but instead I have a full-time and a part-time. Life doesn't always give us what we want, does it? It's been making me grouchy: I want to see my kids but from here on forward, I'll see them on Sundays. During the week, I wake them up and dress them for school, then I come home and give them a bath before bed. On Saturday's, DJ has daddy duty while I'm at one job or another . I'm still a little sad about it, but I'll adjust.
Eva and Cawood miss Jessy and do not want to go to school. They want to stay home, like they always have. The screams as we drop them off have been horrible, but their teacher swears up and down they cry for a few minutes and then play all day just fine. Either way, the crying fits are all I see of their time at school. It stinks.
Last Tuesday, as I dropped off a set of screaming twins at pre-school, their teacher came to me and said I needed to make two cars for the coming week. The three-year-olds are celebrating transportation week, and each child needed a homemade vehicle made from a box. I almost cried. Things would have been fine had I been asked to do this a few weeks down the road, but this week is a huge adjustment week and I didn't know how to get this done.
Thank the Good Lord above for the Rediske's. After I took a few hours to ponder this crisis, I called Trish. Pretty please, help me!
Yesterday afternoon, Mike and Trish showed up and helped me build cars for the twins. Thank you, thank you, thank you to them. I could not, ever, in a million years, have done this without help.
Eva requested a covered wagon, and here's how Mrs. Rediske attacked that challenge:
Cawood wanted a fancy 50's style speedster:
This morning, at pre-school (5 minutes later, Eva was teary and Cawood was screaming his head off.)
No comments:
Post a Comment