Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Grade!

Faith's a big fat first grader!  School actually started last week, but parent night was last night, so I'm just now getting around to telling you about this.
 
On the drive to school I asked Faith if she'd show me her desk.  She said, "No. You have to find it."  I thought she was being sassy, so I blew it off.  Once we entered her room, Mrs. Strack told me to read the hints and see if I could find Faith's desk. 
 
"Hey Faith!  Where's your desk?"
Faith:  You have to find it!
 
She ran off and stood next to a desk.  I followed her, looked down and read these hints:
I have three cats.
I love flowers.
I have twins.
I love blue.
I love Orange Leaf.
 
I pulled the piece of paper down a few inches and read the name it was covering, "Faith Florence." 
 
"So this is your desk?"
She took off crying.  Hallway, tears.  "You found it too easy!"
 
Oh, my.  I didn't fully understand the game.  I just followed my kid and read the clues on the desk where she was standing.  She wanted me to walk around the room and see if I could figure out which bundle of clues belonged to my child.  Instead I followed my child to her desk and guessed immediately.  Poor Faith.  That was a bummer for her.
 
. . . but she got over it. 
 
Look at that tooth!  She lost it Monday, at school.  It was on the very verge of falling out all weekend, and Faith was super-extra-very-excptionally carefull to not let it fall out.  She wanted to lose it at school so the nurse would give her a treasure chest to keep it in. 
 
 And Faith with her teacher, Mrs. Strack:

No comments: