Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cawood's Splinter

Look what I dug out of Cawood's foot last night:
 
This was not a small procedure either.  I didn't arrive home from work last night until after 8:30, and found three absolutely filthy kids waiting for me (Aunt Barb says, "A dirty kid is a happy kid.")  Literally, I could see the filth, like Pigpen from Peanuts. 
 
Anyway, the kids had been outside and Cawood jumped on a wooden step . . . enter splinter. 
 
I had to slice open his foot with a hypodermic needle from the point of insertion to the point of rest.  This splinter was DEEP.  I then soaked the small child in a hot tub.  I was hoping the water would help his foot to kick out the splinter, but no such luck.  Instead, after the bath, I made DJ physically restrain our screaming three-year-old while I dug this fragment of wood out of his foot.  This was literally a surgical procedure that I performed on my small child in our home. 
 
Awful, awful, awful. 
 
But at 7 this morning, Cawood was running around the house saying, "Look Mommy!  My foot doesn't hurt any more!  I can walk on two feet." 

No comments: