Monday, March 26, 2012

Jamaica Mon

I think it was last Thursday night when DJ said something about the Rediske's going to the Cayman islands with DJ's "boss" Roger and his wife Deb.  (Roger doesn't like being called DJ's boss, and if you get into the technicalities of it all, he kind of is and kind of isn't all at the same time. )  Awesome for them!  All four of them have grown children, so they can do such things much more easily than we can.  We didn't give it much more thought, except to think they'll have a great time.

DJ called me from work Friday and asked me if I'd like to go to the Cayman islands with Roger, Deb, and the Rediske's.  Uh. . . really?  A weekend full of arranging schedules with grandparents followed, and here we are: planning for a trip at the end of the month to . . .Jamaica!  I'm not sure how that happened, but what was a trip to the Cayman's on Friday is now a trip to Jamaica.  Either way, it's the same to us: beach, summer fun and tropical drinks . . . that's pretty awesome, right? 

OK, I know you are all wondering: Yes, I'll be a mess.  I'll miss my kids terribly, horribly, DJ's even told me I'll be absolutely no fun on this trip and he thinks I'll drag everyone down, . . . I don't like leaving my kids for any reason.  I called my mom and sister and they both advised me to go; they both said the kids will be fine.  Actually, last night I went to bed thinking I'd send DJ on the trip and I'd stay home with the kids because of some scheduling stuff, but we worked it out and now everything is in motion.  Yay!  The kids will be staying in our house, on schedule, with Dwayne and Robin the first half of the week and my parents the second half.  Faith shouldn't miss any school. 

Let's see how quickly the feds can get us new passports. . .

No comments: