Anyway, thankfully last night Faith slept on the couch all night. That rarely happens, but we'll count our blessings.
At one am Cawood started coughing, sat half-up, leaned to the side and puked in the space between himself and DJ, on his PJ's, and on my pillow. It was an explosion of vomit.
Poor kid! DJ and I changed the sheets, DJ politely excused himself to go sleep in Faith's room, and Cawood and I went back to sleep in my bed.
Thankfully I had laid down some "just in case" towels because poor Cawood spent the entire night against my left side puking onto the towel to his left. That's some pretty good control for a two-year-old while sleeping. But he did it well. He'd sit up, puke to his left, I'd swap out towels and he'd go back to sleep. By morning we had no clean towels left in the downstairs but I also had a happy and healthy boy. Whatever it was, it was wicked, but short lived: only about six hours duration. I'd choose six hours of a wicked flu bug over a two week cold any day.
Parenthood: even these moments I love. Really. I love that he wanted me close when he felt so crummy. Love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment