Friday, September 2, 2011

Kindergarten: Day 14

I sent Mrs. Harvey an email yesterday morning to let her know I suspected Faith may be sick: she wasn't vomiting, didn't have diarrhea and her temperature was 98.2. She WAS complaining that her head and back hurt and she was sooo tired! That little girl went to bed rather easily on Wednesday night and simply did not want to wake on Thursday morning. Add in a few early morning tantrums, and this momma thought, "sick."

Either way, I sent her to school because I didn't have any solid reason to keep her home. In that email to Mrs. Harvey, I encouraged her to call me if Faith became truly sick so I could bring her home. At the end of the day, I hadn't heard a word so I hurried home to greet her off the bus. Usually that's Jessy's job, but I was worried.

Sure enough, at dropoff Miss Kelly waved me closer to the bus. She told me Faith fell asleep in the parking lot at school and slept the whole way home. Poor kid! I scooped her up and -there was the fever! 102.

I'm keeping her home today. She's still sleeping now and doesn't feel too hot, but she was 101.5 at 2am. Danville has a 12 hour rule, so even if she's through it, she can't go to school today.
Boo. We're in week three and she's missing her second day of school.

I should have seen this coming. Wednesday after school Faith told me that Camdyn and Lily both stayed home sick. These three little girls are peas in a pod; they are Faith's new best friends. Camdyn was back in class yesterday, but Lily still out. Either way, we're coming up on a long weekend so she should be ready for class again Tuesday.

No comments: