Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Busy Weekend - Deck Down

 It must have been Thursday or Friday night when DJ went out back to grill, and he commented "for the last time" on our deck.  I hadn't thought of that.  I knew the 'boys' would be taking down the deck, but I just didn't realize how soon.  
Eva and Cawood joined Daddy for that last grill. 

Faith  told me on Saturday that she was sad we didn't take a picture of the deck.  She was afraid she would forget how it looked before the pool went in. . . no worries baby girl!  Momma has you covered. 

Before:
 Saturday it was HOT in central Indiana.  We're talking 100 degrees hot.  Mike came over and he and DJ had that deck down in 2 hours.  Two.  Hours.  We learned after the fact that it really wasn't built so well.  Obviously.
 Yesterday, in contrast, it was a 'chilly' 70 degrees.  DJ pulled out the last post and now we're just waiting for the pool guys to come dig their hole.

This was DJ's last weekend at home before the pool goes in.  He's traveling to Vegas with his employer on Saturday for a few days.  They were originally going to fly out on Sunday, but I really didn't like the idea of DJ flying on September 11, 2011.  Instead they are flying out on September 10, 2011, which truthfully makes me a little nervous too.  I think this is just not a good week to travel.  DJ says Vegas is too small a town for a terrorist attack, that he and Roger will be fine, and that I'm being a little silly.  I know, I know.  We can't 'live in fear.'  Still, I prefer to keep my people close.  Anyway, please pray for safe travels for Roger and DJ. 

No comments: