Today's before school picture:
Faith's on day 17 of kindergarten. She's puked on the bus twice, one of those times the school sent her home. The other time they took a chance on the motion sickness thing and let her stay.
Last week, she was truly ill and missed one day of school. She should have missed two days, but Thursday she wasn't running a fever, vomiting or otherwise giving me any hard reasons to keep her home. I just thought she was sick. Friday, yuppers. 102 degrees and I kept her close to my side.
Early this morning I received a call from the school nurse to let me know Faith threw up in the library. Yes, really. Again. Sigh. DJ rushed over to the school to pick her up and she spent another day at home. She was crying her little heart out because she wanted to stay, but rules are rules.
Of course, Faith remembered they stretched the rules once for her so she thinks she can throw up at school and stay. She's done it before. Try explaining that to a five year old.
Anyway, I popped home for lunch today to check on Faith. She was perfectly, absolutely 100% completely fine. When I asked her why she threw up, she said Mrs. Harvey wasn't in class this morning (she had a meeting) and someone else was helping out for just the very early morning. This other person told the kids to hurry up and eat fast as they needed to rush off to the library. Faith said she ate her breakfast too fast and she had to throw it up. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's a pretty good story for a five year old to come up with all by her lonesome.
We stopped putting her on the bus so now instead of Faith riding the bus for 40 minutes to school, I drive her for three minutes. I stopped giving her breakfast in the morning so she's eating a little later in the morning, school food. That may be a problem. DJ's worried she's eating the equivalent of a sausage McMuffin with egg and it's too heavy. He thinks I should start giving her breakfast at home again, something light. So we'll try that. I'm also going to try to get her to go to bed earlier so I can wake her up earlier. I'm wondering if it's too much too fast in the morning. Maybe if our mornings start earlier and go slower, she'll settle down.
Regardless, I may be over-reacting here but I set an appointment with her pediatrician next week for a checkup. She just had her five-year checkup right before school started but we're going back with a specific complaint: Faith just can't quit throwing up at school.
Anyway, look at the kid in that picture up top. She totally wasn't sick. Not at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment