Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

OK, so it is absolutely not my birthday yet, but it's coming up fast.  The kids and I went to Terre Haute on Saturday for a few reasons, but while we were there Grandma surprised me with a birthday cake that she and the kids made while I was running some errands. 

Faith inserted 35 candles.  35 is a lot of candles, in case you were wondering.  We were struggling to light them all before others melted flush to the icing. 

But we got the job done, everyone sang to me and I blew out all 35 in one breath!  

Wow.  That's a lot of smoke.


Good times.  Like mom and dad always say, "it beats the alternative" (NOT having another birthday.)

Faith told me later, "Mommy, you win." 
I asked her what she meant and she answered, "You'll be 35 before Daddy, so you win."
I said, "That's right!  And I'll beat him every single year forever and always."

No comments: