First things first. I do realize that I've always held firm on the "no-bangs" thing. I do. not. like. bangs. Not at all, not one bit.
I also realize how unbelievably fortunate I have been with Eva: she allows me to brush her long and beautiful hair. Faith screams and we keep her hair short out of necessity: we either fight every single day, or we keep it short. With Eva, I was hoping her hair would be halfway down her back for kindergarten (because along with my dislike of bangs, I also dislike butt-length hair. If it can reach the toilet, it grosses me out. Mom used to tell the story of Cousin Lois and how she had to throw her hair over her shoulder before taking care of business - all I can say is that left an impression on my little brain at a very young age.) Regardless, long hair on little girls is beautiful and I was hoping Eva would be one of "those girls."
Today, we cut bangs into Eva's hair, and then we chopped it into a shoulder-length bob.
I didn't really see any other alternative because just a couple weeks ago Cawood cut a huge chunk of hair out of both the front (bang area,) back (underside,) and top (cowlick) of Eva's hair. I couldn't do anything about the cowlick, but we're now in the active process of 'blending' her hair back into shape.
This is where we were, with just two or three minor trims in her life (you can clearly see Cawood's work on the cowlick):
The stylist is parting her hair to show a little more of Cawood's work:
Miss Thing was not going to pose for pictures this afternoon, so the following two are the best I have to show you:
She's still adorable, of course. But wow, I'm missing those sweet baby curls already.
No comments:
Post a Comment