First, I would like you to know we love you very much. Second, I would like you to know we do not like sharing a bed with you. I know that seems terribly unfair as we welcome both your brother and your sister into our bed during the nighttime hours with open arms. Then we give them hours upon hours of warm snuggles. There is a difference: Cawood and Faith snuggle up tight and sleep. You however, do not sleep. You talk to us, you squirm around and you ask us for things.
For example, this morning you were in my bed for one hour. You asked me for water, apple jacks, a new diaper (by the way, it's time to potty train,) Boots the monkey, your slippers, your pillow pet and your dream blanket. Because you were so close to my side, and because you will only use your dream blanket (no other blanket is permitted to touch you,) you demanded that I remove the covers from myself, because they were in your space (which was actually my space.)
During the hour you shared my bed, I was in and out of sleep. Every time I opened my eyes, you were watching me, just inches from my face with a smile on yours. I loved that and it made me laugh a little to myself, but it's a little hard to sleep when someone is unwaveringly watching you.
I don't want to hear you ever complain about how we allow your siblings to sleep with us, but not you. There is a reason.
We love you. Sleep in your own bed. I'll snuggle with you by day.
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment