Friday, February 24, 2012

February 20th, 2012: They Turned Three

Out of pure stubbornness, I kept Cawood rear-facing until his third birthday.  The seat is approved to rear face to 35 pounds and he's weighing in at 34.8, fully clothed (but the way I see it, he's wearing his clothes when he's riding in his seat, so that should be considered into the body weight calculation.)  Anyway, I kept the twins both rear-facing until their birthday on the 20th.  Eva's only 30 pounds or so, so she'll obviously stay backwards for a little while longer. 

Hows this for a great idea?!?!  Build a bear for the twins third birthday!  Guess what?  By pure luck, Faith had a "Snow Day" scheduled for President's Day, which also happened to be their third birthday.  Lucky us!  All three kids had the chance to celebrate.


Eva started out wishing for a penguin like Cawood, but she put it back and later choose a dog:

Faith with her unstuffed peace bear:

Eva stuffing her dog:



Stuffing Cawood's new friend:

Cawood loves his little penguin.


And Eva her dog:

At their birth minutes (7:09, 7:11pm), they were sword fighting (cardboard rolls from gift paper.) 

I would show you pictures of Eva and Cawood opening their birthday gifts, but Cawood was stark naked in those as well, and the camera angle isn't that great, if you get my drift.  I'll save you from the uncomfortableness of having to view those pictures. 

One last gift.  I turned his seat forward facing.  Here's my big boy during our fitting just before bed:

No comments: