Just because I forgot to upload this picture, here's a shot of Faith jumping off the bus on the last day of school. She refused to pose.
*********************
Saturday morning Faith had her last softball game. Because so many people had planned vacations months and months ago, only about half her team was able to play. Five girls showed up for the game: four on vacation and one no-show.
Faith slept 12 hours the night before, and when I pulled her off the couch at 9am, she told me her belly hurt, but she wasn't sick. I took her to the game and she sat in the shade. . . She did not want to play. Her coach did manage to get her to play one inning, but then she just sat in the dugout. Poor Faith.
Faith slept 12 hours the night before, and when I pulled her off the couch at 9am, she told me her belly hurt, but she wasn't sick. I took her to the game and she sat in the shade. . . She did not want to play. Her coach did manage to get her to play one inning, but then she just sat in the dugout. Poor Faith.
After the game, I took her home and took her temperature: 101.6. Uh oh! This was the day of Leah's third birthday party. I gave Faith some Motrin, which made her feel remarkably better and I talked with DJ about what to do. He thought she was fine because she was acting fine, I thought it was a bad idea to take her to the party and expose all those other kids to her funk.
I saw absolutely no way to win this situation if I made the call myself. If I took her to the party, some moms were going to be angry that I exposed their kids. If I kept her home, people would be upset because they didn't get the chance to see her. I did the only thing I could think of: I turfed the decision to Aunt Jill, who said "Thanks but no thanks on the germs."
The whole family did go to Kentucky, but only DJ and the twins went to Leah's party.
Just because this is a funny story, I'll repeat it. It tells you something about Eva. Nana told me later that they were talking in the car when Papaw said something about someone being a "real cute girl." Eva asked, "Papaw? Are you talking about me?"
Eva at the party:
I saw absolutely no way to win this situation if I made the call myself. If I took her to the party, some moms were going to be angry that I exposed their kids. If I kept her home, people would be upset because they didn't get the chance to see her. I did the only thing I could think of: I turfed the decision to Aunt Jill, who said "Thanks but no thanks on the germs."
The whole family did go to Kentucky, but only DJ and the twins went to Leah's party.
Just because this is a funny story, I'll repeat it. It tells you something about Eva. Nana told me later that they were talking in the car when Papaw said something about someone being a "real cute girl." Eva asked, "Papaw? Are you talking about me?"
Eva at the party:
Cawood at the party:
Meanwhile, back at Nana's house, Faith and I searched for treasure (Nana buries 'treasure' in her great big huge sandbox and the kids sift through the sand in search of it,) Faith swam, we jumped on the trampoline, nosed through Nana's garden, and we saw these sweet little baby birds! Awwww. . .
We did make the right decision: later that night, after the motrin had worn off Faith was 100.8 again. She was fine by morning.
Sunday, Papaw took Faith for a ride on the Kubota, which is fine with me. She's big enough to stay put.
This is actually an 'after' shot. DJ and I were sitting up on the picnic bench watching the twins play with Nana. Papaw was off in the woods/brush somewhere with Faith. Nana took the twins down to Papaw's garage and we heard something fire up. A moment later, the three of them came rolling out of the garage on this four-wheeler.
I told DJ, "This is a bad idea. . . I don't like this. . . "
Meanwhile, Nana took the twins on a ride and DJ answered me, "If they do this stuff while you're here, imagine what they do when you aren't around."
Things I don't need to think about.
Regardless, Nana came back a few minutes later with the girls. They had made a switcharoo in the brush: Cawood for Faith.
Nana, Cawood, Papaw, Faith and Eva
Jill did bring Leah and Cooper over on Sunday to play with the cousins, but somehow I managed to not get a single picture of that activity.
Happy Tuesday, all!
No comments:
Post a Comment